Sunday, September 26th at 12:00 pm to 2:00 pm PST
Teacher cards and Tarot Constellations are an untapped resource within the Tarot to help us connect deeply to ourselves and to the messages of the cards. Tarot constellations guide us around learning and integrating specific themes of our development. Our knowledge of Tarot Constellations can deepen our practice as a whole: we can more easily connect with our own interpretations for “harder” cards, as well as see how these archetypes offer up wisdom for our own shadows and discomfort.
Building on the teachings of Mary K. Greer and Angeles Arrien, this online workshop will predominantly explore Tarot constellations and Teacher cards through the lens of the Hierophant constellation: the Hierophant and Temperance constellation in the Major Arcana, as well as the 5’s in the Minor Arcana (because we are in a 5 year). Sarah Faith Gottesdiener will present her own thoughts on how these archetypes connect and contrast, and how these connections can help us in magical, mystical, and practical ways.
This 2-hour long, online workshop is also a reflection on relationships and relating, on integration and balance. Different frameworks for engaging with the Tarot will be offered up, and participants will be asked to think and create their own for themselves. If you are interested in going deeper with the Tarot archetypes and how they relate to one another, this workshop is for you.
This is an intermediate-level workshop: participants must have a working knowledge of the structure of the Tarot deck, as well as sufficient familiarity with both traditional interpretations and ease in inventing their own; this online workshop is interactive and will ask participants to reflect on their Tarot knowledge.
Students Will Learn:
- What Tarot Constellations are and why they are important
- What Teacher cards are and how we can use them in our personal lives, divinatory work, and client readings
- How Teacher cards can help deepen our own Tarot interpretations
- The relationships between Tarot archetypes, using the Hierophant constellation as our main focus
- Another framework for relating to Tarot cards
Students, Please Bring:
- Notebook and pen
- Tarot deck (a deck based in the Golden Dawn or Thoth tradition are preferred)
- Water and snacks
- Sarah will not be available for any questions or teaching outside the container of the course. Thanks in advance for understanding.
- Everyone who signs up will get a replay of the class, available to watch for 3 weeks afterward.
- By signing up for this online workshop, you understand that what you put into this offering is what you get out of it. You take responsibility for any results that take place as a result of your investment.
- If you are purchasing more than one enrollment, please email the studio with the contact information for your additional attendees.
- There are no refunds or cancellations for any Modern Women orders, including online events, workshops, and courses. The studio cannot retroactively apply discount codes: be mindful when ordering.
- Enrollment ends on Friday 9/24 at 11 am PST or once this offering sells out. Enrolled students will receive the ZOOM link for the online workshop before 5 pm PST Friday 9/24. Students will be sent the ZOOM replay of the online workshop the following week.